Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Response to lenachka's article on Ken Robinson

I fully agree with Lenachka's response to Ken Robinson's video. I feel fearful all the time about being wrong about what i'm doing. I feel like fear has taken over so much of my life that sometimes i feel like i could be doing so much more with my life. When i was a child i was diagnosed with ADHD and was told that there was something wrong with me because i couldn't sit still. Although i "grew out" of my disorder, the mentality i had as a child of being afraid that people would not like me because i was too "hyper" or "stupid" has traslated directly to how fearful and self concious i am today, even if it is not for the same reason as before. If somebody had noticed my obnoxious sound making in class as my future aspiration as a musician and actually helped me instead of putting me on medication, i don't think i would be as fearful as i am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment